Are you grieving the death of someone close? Do you know someone who is?
GriefShare’s weekly support group is a perfect place for you to share your grief with those who are walking it too. GriefShare can help you cope during this most difficult time of life. Everyone is welcome – come on your own or with a friend, and let us share your journey from mourning to joy. New people are welcome mid-course.
What Is GriefShare? (S) from Church Initiative on Vimeo.
To Register or for Questions:
To learn more about GriefShare, visit the GriefShare website
The Loss of a Spouse
Your life has changed forever. The daily emotions and challenges can seem too hard to bear. Find help at a Loss of a Spouse seminar.
Grieving the death of a spouse? Or do you know someone who is?
• Practical advice from others who’ve been there.
• What to expect in your grief.
• How to cope with life without your spouse.
• Why it won’t always hurt this much.
What to expect at the event
A Loss of a Spouse seminar lasts about two hours. Here’s what to expect:
- Video seminar: You’ll view a 35-minute video with encouraging, practical advice from counselors, pastors, and widowed men and women.
- Sharing time: Then you’ll get to talk with other widowed people about what you learned from the video. (There’s no pressure to share!)
- A guide to bring home: Everyone receives a booklet with more than 30 short readings on how to live with grief and eventually rebuild your life.
Sunday, October 20 from 2 – 4 pm at Jennett Funeral Home, 152 Bradford St., Barrie
Presented by Barrie Free Methodist. To Register, call 705-737-2113.
GriefShare: Loss of a Spouse Seminar from Ocean Drive Presbyterian Church on Vimeo.
Surviving the Holidays
Saturday, November 23rd at BFMC: 10 AM – 12:30 PM
Help and hope as you navigate the Christmas season
Wondering how you will survive the weeks surrounding Christmas? Are you dreading the holidays, knowing that everything has changed and that happy memories from past years can’t be recreated?
Our Surviving the Holidays seminar is especially for people who are grieving a loved one’s death. You’ll learn:
- How to deal with the many emotions you’ll face during the holidays
- What to do about traditions and other coming changes
- Helpful tips for surviving social events
- How to discover hope for your future
GriefShare Surviving the Holidays from Church Initiative on Vimeo.
To register, call the church office at 705-737-2113.
For more information about Surviving the Holidays, visit GriefShare’s website: https://www.griefshare.org/holidays